|@ The February Meeting...|
The preliminary budget is $76,057,213. Preliminary budgets are used as a starting point for deliberations which will continue over the coming months.
Another motion passed, authorizing the district to take an allowable tax exception. The request for exception at this point in the budget process provides the board an option only - allowing the board the flexibility to increase taxes to the allowable state limit if needed. This motion does not mean that the exception will be taken, only that the option exists, to be taken into consideration as part of putting together the final budget.
2. John Sanville's new 4 year contract was approved
Board Chairman Vic Dupuis had previously stated that “We recognize that the efforts of Dr. Sanville and his entire administrative team have served the Unionville-Chadds Ford School District community at an exemplary level and this agreement will place Dr. Sanville’s compensation at a fair value relative to his performance and comparable districts in the area."
The contract is effective from September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2018 and can be viewed in Board Documents.
3. Communications Consultant A communications consultant has been hired for a limited engagement to work on an emergency notification plan and other communications priorities.
4. Snow day make-up schedule
There have been 9 snow days used this year. The last day of school is June 13th. President's Day has already been used as a make up day and May 20th will be used as well. If additional days are needed, they will be made up during the first two days of spring break. The board has also shortened the number of school days from 182 to 180. 180 days are the required number of days specified by the state. Click here for additional details.
5. Additional notes
- There will be a Board Policy Committee meeting on February 24th, 6:00-8:00 PM (District Office public conference room) to review draft policies from PSBA as part of the district's Policy Manual review policy
- Due to the number of snow days this year, the PSSA and AP testing schedules are being looked at to see if they can be pushed back, allowing for additional instruction days before the tests. Updated schedules should be available in the next week or so.
Board Documents are made available for public review via the district website, or you can use this direct link.
Questions or comments?
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org